ABOUT US >

Warwick Court Leet, or as it is formally known "The Court Leet of the Worshipful Town Mayor and Chief Burgesses of Warwick" was founded in 1554 and consisted of a Jury of 12 Burgesses (upright citizens) plus 12 assistants, to aid the Steward (the Town Clerk) and the Town Council in the running of the town of Warwick.

CONTACT 

THE COURT HOUSE

JURY STREET

WARWICK

CV34 4EW

T: 01926 411694

E: civicadmin@warwicktowncouncil.org.uk

© 2019 Warwick Court Leet

 Annual Court 2017

The Court meets four times a year, winter, spring, summer and autumn (usually the last Thursdays of January, March, June and October). The March and October meetings are open to the public and are attended by the principal officers of the other local Courts ( Alcester, Bromsgrove and Henley in Arden). The Mayor, as Lord of the Leet, is invited to attend the principal meeting, which is the October Annual Court, at which the Officers for the ensuing year are installed.

Warwick Court Leet

Established 1554